Apparently I was tagged, and have to write 10 things about myself. Which is kinda vague, but all right. Ten random things.
1. I'm finally out on my own and living like a grownup, and it sucks. Seriously.
2. It only took about a week in the corporate world for me to want to go back and hide in academia forever.
3. If I'm going to wear a costume, I'm going to make it myself, and not being able to sew a lick isn't going to stop me.
4. Not relying on help from anyone when I'm moving or putting together heavy furniture is a source of pride for me.
5. My senior level creative writing class gave me a ton of tools for critical reading, and as a result made it much more difficult for me to simply enjoy stories.
6. I've dreamt up a lot of fanfic stories over the years, but I never wrote them down because I recognized the stories I wanted to write were the kind of stories I'd never read if someone else did them.
7. I went back and read some stuff I wrote 5-6 years ago, and while it wasn't perfect, the dialogue was pretty much as good as what I do now. Which scares me, because shouldn't I have improved?
8. Some people get songs stuck in their head. I get Ellen Degeneres imitating an annoying cell phone ring in one of her stand-up routines stuck in my head.
9. I wish I could draw. I have so many ideas that can only really be communicated visually.
10. I love my cats, but if they don't stop tearing up every single thing I own, we're going to have to rethink this arrangement.
And I don't know ten people, so I'm not tagging anyone.